As fashion VIPs arrive in the Big Apple for Fashion Night Out and New York Fashion Week, you can keep up with the who, what, when and where on Twitter. This week will be packed with the freshest fashion fun: events kick off today and run through next Thursday, September 13. Whether you’re at home or styling downtown, be among the first to spot next spring’s hottest trends and catch all of the behind-the-scenes moments.
Keep up with #FNO (Fashion Night Out)
Fashion Night Out (originally created by @Anna__Wintour) happens worldwide today, September 6th. In celebration of its fourth year, editors, celebs, fashionistas, models and designers will showcase special limited-edition designs, performances and much more. Here’s just a few of the models and celebs that will be on scene for #FNO.
- Victoria’s Secret model @AngelAlessandra (Alessandra Ambrosio) will appear at the SoHo Victoria’s Secret store.
- Buzzworthy Harlem lyricist @AzealiaBanks will be at @MACcosmetics SoHo store to debut her limited edition M.A.C lipstick and perform live.
- Ubiquitous celeb @KimKardashian will be appearing at @LordandTaylor along with Olympic gold medalist @KristiYamaguchi.
- Kardashian sister @KendallJenner will be in the city of stars hosting FNO for Los Angeles’ @BeverlyCenter, alongside actress @LucyHale
Your front row seat to all the action
Get closer to the action throughout New York Fashion Week by joining the Twitter conversation. Use the #NYFW hashtag to discover the week’s most memorable, fun, unexpected moments in real time.
To complement your Fashion Week experience, we’re also unveiling a special ‘Get started on Twitter’ page about fashion for you. Follow the accounts we suggest on this page for your go-to stream of the latest fashion and design news even after Fashion Week is over.
We’ve teamed up with who’s-who in the fashion industry to offer you a behind-the-scenes look at the week’s biggest moments using this hashtag. Follow all of the accounts below for an exclusive look into the #DayInTheLife of NY Fashion Week’s VIPs. Most will be tweeting their journeys to the runway, showcasing behind-the-scenes photos of makeup sessions and shoots, after-parties and lots more:
- @StylewatchMag – PEOPLE Magazine editors Kate Hogan, Alex Apatoff, Catherine Dash, Zoe Ruderman, Andrea Lavinthal and Jennifer Cress
- @BadgleyMischka – Famed red carpet designer duo Mark Badgley and James Mischka
- @WhoWhatWear – Editorial Director & Co-Founder Hillary Kerr
- @MatchbookMag – Editorial Director Katie Armour
- @JosephinSkriver – A model who’s walked 50+ shows in Milan, Paris and New York
- @Barbara_Fialho – Brazilian model who hit the big time after modeling for Rio Fashion Week
- @Jess_Stam – Forbes named this Canadian supermodel as one of the “World’s 15 Top-Earning Supermodels” in 2007
- @missjourdandunn – British model known for her Prada runway debut
- @DariaStrokous – Daria tweets about her adventures as a model, actress and photographer
- @GintaLapina89 – Rap, swim and volleyball enthusiast Ginta shares her supermodel adventures
The #DayInTheLife Tweets are rolling in:
Backstage from my first show of the season!! Richard Chai #dayinthelife #nyfw
— Josephine Skriver (@JosephinSkriver) September 6, 2012
Meeting with the PR team to review the seating chart. #NYFW #dayinthelife twitter.com/BadgleyMischka…
— Badgley Mischka (@BadgleyMischka) September 6, 2012
Key accounts to follow
Here’s a preview of a few accounts below.
To see more, visit our ‘Get started on Twitter’ fashion page:
- @AnnaDelloRusso – Vogue Editor
- @OscarPRGirl – Erika Bearman, Oscar de la Renta’s PR lead
- @NinaGarcia – Project Runway judge and Marie Claire’s Fashion Director
- @RachelZoe – Celeb stylist and fashionista
- @KarlieKloss – Supermodel
- @GuidoPalau – One of the most in-demand hair stylists, Guido constantly tweets his runway hairstyles from backstage.
- @PatMcGrathReal – Creative Design Director for Procter & Gamble beauty and makeup
Don’t miss any of the backstage chaos and creativity as beautiful people make the scene uptown and downtown for #FNO and all of #NYFW. With Twitter in hand, you don’t have to be in New York to experience any of it — it’s coming right to you.
Jenna Mannos – (@JennaMannos)
Source: Twitter Blog