MTV Movie Awards
Sunday, June 3rd at 9pm ET / 8pm CT / 9pm PT on MTV
When you watch an awards show, you’re bound to hear “Of course, I’d like to thank my fans!” — and on Sunday night, those words will have new meaning, powered by a Tweet.
The MTV Movie Awards is offering its first-ever live social voting category for one of the night’s coolest categories: Best Hero. All votes are being cast by fans, and only through Twitter. MTV has created special voting hashtags for you to pick your favorite heroic character. They’ll tally the Tweets with each hashtag and announce the results live during the show.
Cast your vote here, or by tweeting:
- #votepotter to vote for Harry from “Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows Pt. 2”
- #votekatniss to vote for Katniss Everdeen from “The Hunger Games”
- #votethor to, well, vote for Thor from “Thor”
- #votecaptain to vote, yes, for Captain America from “Captain America”
- #votejenko to vote for Jenko from “21 Jump Street”
You may even get your very own thank-you from one your heroes:
— Channing Tatum (@channingtatum) May 24, 2012
The rest of the conversation leading up to and during the show will be at #movieawards. You can find the nominees on this list, and follow their big night.
CMT Music Awards
Wednesday, June 6th at 8pm ET/ 7pm CT/ 8pm PT on CMT
Movie stars don’t have a corner on awards fun! On Wednesday June 6th, the biggest country stars will head to the CMT Music Awards, and they want to bring you along. Follow along here with the great lineup of artists who will be live-tweeting the show:
- Lauren Alaina (@Lauren_Alaina)
- Jake Owen (@jakeowen)
- Kellie Pickler (@kelliepickler)
- Darius Rucker (@dariusrucker)
- Thomas Rhett Akins (@ThomasRhett)
- Edens Edge (@edensedge)
- The Farm (@TheFarmMusic)
- Jana Kramer (@kramergirl)
- Cody Alan (@cmtcody)
- Evan Farmer (@EvanFarmer)
- Katie Cook (@TheKatieCook)
- Steve Austin (@steveaustinBSR)
- Ronnie Dunn (@RonnieDunn)
- Little Big Town (@LBTmusic)
You can also keep up with the #CMTawards hashtag and the folks on this country music list to get even more access to everything that goes down at the show. Here’s a preview of what’s in store:
— Toby Keith (@TobyKeithMusic) May 24, 2012
Awards shows are such a fun time to be on Twitter. You can follow all the unpredictable outcomes (and unpredictable antics) right alongside the stars and all the other viewers, and get unparalleled behind-the-scenes access. We’re excited to tune into both of these shows next week, and see what all of you have to say as they unfold.
And of course — we’d like to thank our fans.
Posted by Grace Chu Lee, TV Partnerships Team (@gracelee)here
Source: Twitter Blog